Do you enjoy bike riding? If so, you know that it can be a lot of fun to explore new areas on your bike. However, finding a place to store your bike can be difficult. If you have a Ford F150, we have the perfect solution for you – a bike rack! In this blog post, we will discuss the best bike rack for your Ford F150 and provide some tips for installing it.
Tailgate Bike Rack: Thule GateMate
The Thule GateMate Pro is a heavy-duty bike rack that is specifically designed to provide maximum protection for both bikes and pick-up trucks during transport. The flexible padding adjusts across a wide range of tailgates, and the large handle opening provides visibility of the backup camera.
Bikes remain securely in place with integrated bike separation and multiple position strap anchors. The inside facing mesh pockets keep gear securely in place, even while driving. Dimensions: 59″ L x 16″ H x 2. 75″ D.
- Flexible padding adjusts across a wide range of tailgates and large handle opening provides backup camera visibility
- Bikes remain securely in place with integrated bike separation and multiple position strap anchors
- Bikes and pick-up trucks are protected during transport with heavy duty vinyl, adjustable padding
- Gear can be stored securely, even while driving, due to the inside facing mesh pockets
- Dimensions: 59" L x 16" H x 2. 75" D
For Truck Bed: Heininger BedRack
Heininger’s Advantage Sports Rack BedRack is the perfect solution for anyone looking to haul 3-4 bikes in their truck without any damage. The BedRack assembles quickly with no tools required and includes a lockable cable to keep your bikes secure. The system extends from 53.5″ to 63.75″ without a spacer and from 59.5″ to 69.5″ with the full-size spacer (included).
The BedRack won’t scratch your truck paint and includes soft padding to protect your bike finish. heininger’s Advantage Sports Rack BedRack is compatible with all full-size pickup trucks including the Ford F150.
- Haul up to four bikes in your truck bed without removing any wheels
- Assembles quickly, with no tools required, and lockable cable included
- Extends from 54.5" to 66.5" without a spacer, and extends from 60.5" to 72.5" with a full-size spacer (included)
- System won't scratch truck paint--soft padding included to protect bike finish
- Can also be used away from your truck as a standalone bike rack
For Hitch: Heininger glideAWAY
The Heininger Advantage Sports Rack glideAWAY Elite four bike carrier is your all in one bike rack. The design allows for the bikes to remain on the rack while loading and unloading your gear or groceries in the rear cargo area of an SUV or truck.
This patented product allows you to swing the rack out and away up to 23″ giving you plenty of room to access the rear of the vehicle. Simply and easily load up to 4 bikes on the glideAWAY Elite. Included with your purchase of the glideAWAY Elite is a hitch lock and integrated bike/rack cable lock for extra security.
The rear mount design eliminates overhead lifting and increases fuel economy when compared to roof racks. With a weight capacity of 140lbs, this rack is built tough and ready to handle whatever you throw at it. Backed by a limited lifetime warranty, the Heininger Advantage Sports Rack glideAWAY Elite four bike carrier is perfect for those who want the best of both worlds: security and convenience.
- Bike Rack fits 2" or 1.25" receiver hitches and hauls up to 4 bikes
- Integrated bike/rack cable lock included for bike security
- Trailer Hitch Lock included for extra security and anti-wobble
- Easily glides away from vehicle for easy rear access
- Bike arms fold down when not in use
Over Tonneau Cover: Rhino Rack Combo
To pull off this combo, you’ll need the following:
- Rhino Rack RLT600 quick release track mounts (4)
- Rhino Rack RTV Tracks sold as a pair
- and 2-Rhino Rack 71″ Vortex Aero Cross Bars
A rhino rack is a great way to transport your bikes. You can make a custom bike rack by ordering a few pieces of rhino rack equipment. Install two tracks to the bed rails, then install four quick-release mounts and attach them.
Then, add two cross cars to the legs. This will allow you to quickly and easily load your bikes onto the rack. You can also add a rhino roof rack to your car for additional storage space. The roof rack will also help to protect your bikes from the elements.
- THE RLT600 QUICK MOUNT LEG SET is designed to fit into factory vehicle tracks with one person installation. Easy removal when not in use for added security, using the simple keyed and hidden trigger locking system.
- MADE TO PAIR - With vortex bars. This set of 4 legs can also be mated to the Rhino-Rack Heavy Duty Bars and Pioneer Platform systems. Note: some vehicles may require spacer kits and/or fitting kits, sold separately.
- EASY INSTALLATION - Simple one person install. These attach to the factory vehicle tracks (usually covered by a rubber strip) to secure the legs to the vehicle. A keyed lock mechanism adds theft prevention. Vortex bars (not included) slide on legs easily.
- BUILT TOUGH - While others may make plastic roof legs, Rhino-Rack uses high-quality glass reinforced nylon that’s UV stabilized for excellent performance, longevity and lasting durability. Max load 220lbs. See vehicle owner’s manual for max load capacity.
- SEAMLESS INTEGRATION - The Vortex system is an ideal crossbar solution for weekend adventurers. These racks work seamlessly with Rhino-Rack recreation accessories like kayak carriers, bike racks, fishing rod holders, luggage boxes, ski carriers and more.
- Made in Australia
- Package dimensions :162.56 cm (H) x 12.7 cm (L) x 16.51 cm (W)
- Package Weight :8.119 kg
- Product type :AUTO ACCESSORY
What kind of bike rack is easiest to use?
The best way to transport bikes on a Ford F150 is with a hitch-mounted bike rack. There are three main types of hitch-mounted bike racks: platform, vertical, and hanging. Of these, hanging bike racks are by far the easiest to use.
They’re significantly lighter than the other two types, making them much easier to install and remove. In addition, hanging bike racks don’t block your Ford F150’s taillights or license plate, which can be a major problem with platform and vertical hitch bike racks. So if you’re looking for the easiest type of bike rack to use with your Ford F150, a hanging bike rack is the way to go.
Do you need a trailer hitch for a bike rack?
Roof and trunk racks don’t require a trailer hitch, so they’re an option even if you don’t have one. Keep in mind that hitch mount racks can be more expensive than roof or trunk racks, and they can also be more difficult to install. But they offer a few advantages, too.
Hitch mount racks tend to be more stable than roof or trunk racks, and they keep your bikes higher off the ground, making them less likely to be damaged in a collision. If you’re not sure which type of rack is right for you, consult with an expert at your local bike shop. They’ll be able to help you choose the best option for your Ford F150 and your cycling needs.
Do you need a bike rack for a truck?
If you’re going to transport your bike in a truck, it’s important to invest in a good quality rack. There are many different types of racks on the market, so it’s important to do your research and find one that will work best for your particular vehicle and biking needs. With a little effort, you can find a rack that will safely secure your bike and help prevent any unwanted damage.
How do I keep my hitch bike rack from swaying?
There are a few brands that are known to cause swaying, which can be dangerous. Make sure to do your research and read reviews before purchasing a bike rack. If you already have a bike rack, there are a few things you can do to prevent it from swaying.
First, make sure that the rack is installed correctly and that all the straps are tightened. You can also add additional straps to the frame or use bungee cords to secure the bikes. Finally, if you’re still having problems with swaying, try adding weight to the back of the vehicle. This will help to keep the bikes from wobbling around.