Looking for the best luggage rack for your Ford Explorer? You’ve come to the right place! In this blog post, we will discuss some of the best options on the market and help you decide which one is right for you.
Whether you’re looking for something simple and affordable or a more luxurious option, we have you covered. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
From Ford: Clamp-On Cross Bars (2 PC Set)
If you’re looking for a way to carry more on your Ford Explorer, consider a set of clamp-on crossbars. These bars allow for the mounting of select carriers, making it easy to transport everything from bikes to kayaks.
The crossbars are easy to install and come individually packed for your convenience. With a roof rack from Ford, you’ll be able to take your adventures to the next level.
Most Accessible: MAXXHAUL 70115 Universal Steel Roof Rack
If you’re looking for a way to add some extra cargo space to your vehicle, the MaxxHaul roof rack is a great option. It’s easy to assemble and install, and it attaches to most cross bars with U-bolts.
The powder coat finish resists corrosion, and the rubber caps protect your cargo from damage. Plus, the included hardware makes it easy to mount on your vehicle. Whether you’re carrying extra gear for a road trip or need some extra space for moving boxes, the MaxxHaul roof rack is a great solution.
- Instant cargo space for vehicle with cross bars; Basket size - 46" x 36" x 4-1/2"
- Easy to assemble and install (assembly and mounting hardware are included)
- Attaches to most cross bars with easy to use u-bolts for simple installation
- Includes rubber caps to cover the U-bolts and protect the cargo
- Powder coat finish
For Light Travel: Thule Outbound Cargo Bag
When outfitting your Ford Explorer for your next adventure, make sure to include a Thule weather-resistant rooftop cargo bag. This bag provides 13 cu ft of storage space for all the gear you need and features a coated 3-sided zipper for easy access.
Large storm flaps help keep your gear dry during loading and unloading, while twin compression straps secure the cargo, minimizing friction and noise. The bag is attached to roof rack crossbars or side rails with included heavy-duty, double-stitched webbing straps.
When not in use, the cargo bag easily folds down for compact storage. Product weight: 3.5 lbs. With the Thule weather-resistant rooftop cargo bag, you can rest assured that your gear will stay dry no matter what the elements throw at you.
- Weather-resistant rooftop cargo bag help keep your cargo dry longer
- Provides 13 cu ft of storage space
- Easy access to gear via coated 3-sided zipper
- Large storm flaps help keep your gear dry during loading and unloading
- Twin compression straps secure cargo minimizing friction and noise
For Heavy Travel: Thule 938300 Backspace XT
The Thule VeloSpace XT is a premium cargo box that is easily fitted onto the Thule towbar-mounted bike rack. No tools are required for installation, making it quick and easy to get set up.
The box provides an extra 300L of space for luggage or sports equipment, perfect for long journeys or family holidays. The low profile design makes it easy to load and unload, and the box can be tilted for easy trunk access. When not in use, the Thule VeloSpace XT can be easily stored thanks to its lightweight and foldable structure.
This makes it an ideal choice for busy families or anyone who enjoys the occasional road trip.
- Easily fitted straight onto the Thule VeloSpace XT towbar-mounted bike rack – No tools required
- Premium cargo box, giving the car 300L of easily accessed, Extra loading space. Perfect for two Golf bags or a Thule Chariot multisport trailer
- Box sits low to the ground, making it easy to load and unload cargo
- Easy trunk access since the box is fitted onto the tiltable Thule VeloSpace XT
- Easy to store when not in use thanks to the lightweight and FOLDABLE structure
Best Value: Zone Tech Roof Top Car Bag
If you’re looking for an easy way to increase the cargo space in your Ford Explorer, the Zone Tech cargo bag is a great solution. This bag attaches securely to the roof rack, providing 15 cubic feet of additional space for all your gear.
The bag is made from durable, waterproof materials, so it will stand up to any weather conditions. And for added convenience, it comes with attachment points on all four sides.
So whether you’re going on a long road trip or just running errands around town, the Zone Tech cargo bag will help you keep your car clutter-free.
- ► CLUTTER-FREE - The Zone Tech cargo bag makes it possible to have clutter-free additional space while travelling, ideal for travelling with family and friends.
- ► CONVENIENCE - The Zone Tech cargo bag increases the vehicle cargo space. Waterproof design to protect the cargo from the dirt and any kinds of weather.
- ► PREMIUM QUALITY - The Zone Tech cargo bag is made from premium quality rubber laminated nylon to ensure maximum strength and durability for long lasting usage.
- ► UNIVERSAL SIZE - The Zone Tech cargo bag is designed to fit all roof racks with 15 cubic feet of space.
- ► EASY TO USE - The Zone Tech cargo bag is equipped with attachment capabilities on all four sides for secure attachment.
Best Mid-Range: Rightline Gear Range 2
If you’re looking for a high-quality, weatherproof cargo carrier for your Ford Explorer, Rightline Gear’s Range 2 is an excellent option. The UV-protected PVC Semi-Coated Mesh XT material and welded seams provide excellent protection against rain, snow, heat, and heavy winds, while the urethane-coated zipper and hook-&-loop-close flap ensure that your belongings stay secure.
The carrier also features Car Clips for attaching the straps to a vehicle’s door frame weather molding, making it easy to install and remove. With a large capacity of 15 cubic feet, the Range 2 is perfect for moving or taking on vacations. Plus, it’s made in China for added peace of mind.
- Car Top Carrier: Our convenient roof cargo carrier allows you to keep your gear up top, so you can transport belongings and passengers without compromising on safety, comfort, or convenience
- Intuitive Features: Specially designed to keep your gear dry, our waterproof car roof cargo carrier features welded seams, an urethane-coated zipper, and a hook-and-loop-close zipper flap
- Quality Construction: Constructed of UV-protected PVC semi-coated mesh XT, our durable vehicle cargo carriers are designed to keep your belongings dry and won't fly off your roof
- Simple Setup: Simply attach the straps of the roof bag to your vehicle’s roof rack or use the included car clips to attach the straps to your vehicle’s door frame weather molding
- Seamless Storage: Our rooftop cargo bag folds down for storage in the included stuff sack; Car roof bag, 4 attachment straps, 4 car clips, and stuff sack with a sewn-in set up guide included
Most Space For Lowest Price
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly way to carry more gear on your next road trip, consider investing in a cargo carrier. These handy devices can be attached to the roof of your car, providing extra storage space for everything from luggage to camping gear. And for added convenience, many cargo carriers come with features like weatherproofing and secure straps.
One cargo carrier that’s great for families is the 21 Cubic Feet Large Capacity Cargo Carrier from Ford Explorer. This carrier offers plenty of space for all your gear, and comes with three reinforced adjustable straps to keep everything secure. Plus, it has a bonus combination lock to prevent the zippers from slipping.
For added safety, the logo design on the zipper cloth has reflective strips. And best of all, the Ford Explorer cargo carrier is affordably priced. So if you’re looking for a convenient and affordable way to carry more gear on your next road trip, consider investing in a cargo carrier.
- 🚗21 CUBIC FEET LARGE CAPACITY: The car top carrier is made of 900D PVC fabric. Massive 21 cubic feet (51L''*41W''*17H'') of space can easily hold all luggage of a family of 5-6, carrying all your needs and saving more inside vehicle space for a more comfortable road trip.(grey）
- 🚗SAFETY COMES FIRST: Three reinforced adjustable straps to keep the cargo carrier more secure firmly. Come with bonus combination lock, it will not only prevent the zippers from slipping, but also adds security to luggage. Wrapping the belt and fixing it with velcro, say goodbye to straps flapping in the wind while you're driving down the road. Even thoughtful logo design of the outermost extension of the zipper cloth has reflective strips, escort for your night journey.
- 🚗UPGRADED WATERPROOF ZIP: We notice that the straps of other cargo bags can easily rip from the seam, so the MCBD roof bag doubly reinforced the strap seam. And all seams of this cargo bag are heat welded and stitched to ensure they are watertight. 100% Waterproof, waterproof zipper with 6 inches extra wide velcro zipper flaps. It provides perfect weather protection even in extreme conditions such as wind, sun, rain, snow, and sand.
- 🚗FIT ALL CARS: Our luggage carrier for a car rooftop is suitable for any car, truck, or SUV with Side Rails/Cross Bars/No-rack Roof/Basket. In addition, the equipped anti-slip mat and 6 Door Hooks are Suitable. The door hook with rubber on one side protects your car side from scratches and damage.
- 🚗100% Refund or Replacement: All of our rooftop cargo carriers have a 1-YEAR WARRANTY and we provide professional customer service. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. Try it. It's no risk!
Does a Ford Explorer have a luggage rack?
The Ford Explorer is a popular SUV that offers plenty of space for families and adventure-seekers alike. And for those who like to pack for every eventuality, the question of whether the Explorer has a luggage rack is an important one.
The answer is yes – your vehicle may come factory equipped with roof rack side rails, and cross bars can be easily installed to allow the mounting of select carriers. So whether you’re headed for a weekend getaway or a longer vacation, you can rest assured that your Explorer will have the storage capacity you need.
Can you add a roof rack to a Ford Explorer?
In addition to ample interior space, the SUV allows owners to attach a roof rack, which comes in handy when carrying oversized gear for whatever adventures you have planned.
Roof racks for the Explorer are available in many styles from various aftermarket manufacturers. So, whether you’re looking for a basic roof rack or something more specialized, there’s sure to be an option that’s right for you.