If you’re looking for a way to add extra storage and cargo capabilities to your Jeep Gladiator, ladder racks are the perfect solution. They provide a safe and secure way to transport ladders, kayaks, or any other long or bulky items.
There are a number of different ladder rack brands on the market, so it can be tough to decide which one is right for you. In this blog post, we will take a look at the best ladder rack for Jeep Gladiator models and help you decide which one is right for your needs.
In a hurry?
The most popular ladder rack used for a Jeep Gladiator is the YAKIMA Overhaul HD, which provides a sleek design while being a sturdy rack. It is easy to install and can be accessorized with a crossbar for an even cooler look.
YAKIMA Overhaul HD Ladder Rack
The YAKIMA Heavy Duty Ladder Rack is perfect for carrying heavy loads on Jeep Gladiator. With a maximum on-road rating of 500 lbs. and a maximum off-road rating of 300 lbs., this rack is built to last.
It features the BedGrip clamp design, which makes it compatible with all Yakima mounts, and adjustable height from 19-30″. You can use it to carry kayaks, surfboards, bikes, rooftop tents, lumber and more.
- Seriously sturdy rack system
- High quality
- Easy to install
- Option for crossbar
- Looks great
- Crossbar is sold separately
- Popularity makes it expensive
- Heavy loads: Maximum on-road rating of 500 lbs.; Maximum off-road rating of 300 lbs.; Compatible with all YAKIMA mounts to carry kayaks, surfboards, bikes, rooftop tents, lumber and more
- Fits most truck beds: Including tracked beds and select tonneau covers, except Toyota and Nissan models, which require the Bed Track Kit 1 Accessory (sold separately); Features BedGrip clamp design
- Built to last: Engineered aluminum construction and durable powder-coat finish; Easy on-off with QuickChange rack attachment; Adjustable height from 19-30"
- Secure any load: Integrated tie-down points help easily secure any load; T-slot attachments make adding gear mounts and accessories fast and simple; Built-in bottle opener
- Requires YAKIMA HD Bar crossbar (sold separately); Suggested accessories include sidebar, load stop, eye bolt, ladder roller, wear strips, HD hook strap, Rotopax mounting kit and recovery track mount
AA-Racks Model X31 Ladder Rack
The AA-Racks Model X31 Ladder Rack is a universal and generic solution for carrying heavy loads on your Jeep Gladiator. With a maximum on-road rating of 500 lbs., it can handle just about anything you need to transport, including kayaks, surfboards, bikes, rooftop tents, lumber, and more.
Although the instructions call for drilling, it is possible to use 4 C clamps to secure it to the bed rails. It has an adjustable height from 19-30″, so you can customize it to fit your specific needs. The protruding rails at the top make it especially easy to secure a ladder rack for Jeep Gladiator.
- Stable and durable
- Priced competitively
- Easy to install
- It may require drilling holes
- The X31 features a tested loading capacity of 800 lbs.It is powder coated in the color of black
- The rope hook on the side of all four uprights provides the security for tying the tools or loads
- There are FIVE drilling holes on the upright plate, which make X31 more compatible bolting on different sizes of bed margins.You could choose our C-Clamp (ASIN:B0789DDLBJ) for which No Drilling Required
- The top section is built with Two "T" sleeve bars plus Middle Cross Bar. The Double-barred Middle section won't easily dent or bend, making it even stronger than a one-barred design
- The extendable design also makes it compatible with different Truck-bed Width ranged from Min.51" - Max.71"
A Jeep Gladiator would need a ladder rack for many reasons. Whether you’re using it as a work truck or you need a secure way to transport a kayak or canoe. It is almost always used for fun or for sport. It is possible to outfit a Jeep Gladiator to be used as a work truck and for carrying ladders and other heavy equipment.